Mexico Car Permits can now be processed online!
Mexico now allows people to easily pay and process their Mexico vehicle import permit online. For many, this is a much better process than doing the entire vehicle import permit process at the border.
If you are unaware of what a Mexico Vehicle Import Permit is and whether you need one or not, please read our page about Mexico vehicle permits.
The online Mexico vehicle permit service is run by the Banjercito, which is a Mexico government agency. Adventure Mexican Insurance is not involved in the Mexico vehicle permit process, we just provide this information to our customers as a courtesy.
The Banjercito's online permit website allows you to choose two options for online processing:
1: Mexico Vehicle Permit Pre-Registration - For Last Minute Travel
- Best option if you are heading to Mexico within the next 10 days. This option only requires a 1 day lead time, so you can use this option for last minute travel plans.
- You will pick up your Permit from the Banjercito at the Mexico border. The permit will be processed and waiting for you at the Banjercito of your choice.
- This saves you time because you do not have to wait in line at the border to file the initial paperwork for the permit.
- This is similar to ordering food online, then picking it up at the restaurant!
2: Complete the Entire Mexico Vehicle Permit Process Online - Best if You Have 10 Days Before You Enter Mexico
- This is the best option if you are not going to be driving to Mexico within the next 10 days. This option requires a 7-10 day lead time.
- Your vehicle permit will be processed and mailed to you by Fed-Ex or courier of your choice.
- You can order your permit up to 60 days in advance of your trip to Mexico.
- This option is similar to ordering your food from a restaurant and having it delivered to your home!
Make sure to stop at the border on your way OUT of Mexico to cancel your Mexico vehicle permit! If you fail to check your car back out of Mexico, you could lose your deposit, and it could cause difficulties the next time you try to apply for a permit!
Make sure also purchase & print your Mexican auto insurance online through our website before you leave on your trip to Mexico!
If you have specific questions about your Mexico Vehicle Import Permit, you can try calling the Banjercito directly at the phone numbers below. Keep in mind that this is a Mexican government agency, and the person answering the phones may not speak English, but you can ask for assistance in English if necessary. Also, these offices are in Mexico, so these are Mexican phone numbers. You must dial 011-52 at the beginning of the number if you are calling from the US!
Banjercito Office Locations and Phone Numbers:
Tijuana (San Diego)
Jose Ma. Larroque S/N, Col. Federal,
C.P. 22310, Tijuana, B.C.
TEL. (664) 683 6244
FAX. (664) 682 9477
Otay (Otay Mesa)
Fray Junipero Serra S/N Garita de Otay,
C.P. 22509, Tijuana, B.C.
TEL. (664) 624 5515
FAX. (664) 624 5516
Puente Internacional Mexicali (Mexicali)
Puerto Fronterizo Nuevo Mexicali,
Col. Alamitos, C.P. 21210, Mexicali, B.C.
TEL. Y FAX. (686) 567 8505 / 8504
San Luis Rio Colorado (San Luis)
San Luis Rio Colorado
Av. Internacional y calle 1Âª Patio Fiscal de
la Aduana, Col. Centro,
TEL. Y FAX. (653) 534 0401
San Emeterio (Lukeville)
Carretera Sonoyta - Caborca Km. 27,
Garita San Emeterio, Son.
TEL. Y FAX. (651) 512 1856
Nogales Km. 21 (Nogales)
Km. 21 Carretera Internacional Hermosillo
Nogales, Agua Zarca, Son.
TEL. Y FAX. (631) 313 9222
Agua Prieta (Douglas)
Calle Internacional 1Âª y Av. Panamericana Interior Garita Mexicana,
Agua Prieta, Son.,
TEL. (633) 338 0707
FAX. (633) 338 1738
CHIHUAHUA (El Paso)
Ciudad Juarez, Km. 30
Carretera Panamericana Km. 30,
C.P. 32000, Ciudad Juarez, Chih.
TEL. Y FAX. (656) 647 8020
Patio Fiscal Nuevo Laredo
Cesar Lopez de Lara 1200, Sector Centro,
C.P.88000 Nuevo Laredo, Tamps.
TEL. (867) 713 2268
FAX. (867) 713 5485/ 4495
Puente Internacional I y II (Laredo 2)
Calle Ocampo esq. 15 de Junio,
Col. Centro, Ex-Plataforma,
Nvo. Laredo, Tamps,
TELS. (867) 713 6150/ 51
FAX. (867) 713 6149
Plataforma Fiscal Reynosa (Mc Allen)
Libramiento Luis Echeverria S/N
Col. Del Prado,
TEL. (899) 922 4860
FAX. (899) 922 0758
Puente Nuevo (Brownsville 1)
Av. Alvaro Obregon y Tamaulipas, Ofna.
Puerta Mexico, Matamoros, Tamps.
TEL. (868) 816 38 37
FAX. (868) 812 3347
Puente Ignacio Zaragoza (Brownsville 2)
Accion Civica y Division del Norte S/N
Col. Dolores, Matamoros, Tamps.,
TEL. (868) 814 6208