Mexican Auto Insurance Information
Mexican Auto Insurance is required if you are driving in Mexico
If you are driving a US or Canadian registered vehicle (US or Canadian license plates) into Mexico, you will need to purchase auto insurance for Mexico.
US and Canadian Auto Insurance is not valid in Mexico
US and Canadian auto insurance is not recognized by Mexican authorities. Mexican authorities only recognize auto insurance underwritten by a Mexican insurance company.
- Why you need Mexican auto insurance
- How this website works
- Mexican auto insurance coverage descriptions
- WARNING: Mexico federal law dramatically increases liability compensation for fatalities! Higher liability coverage is highly recommended for Mexican auto insurance policies!
- Shopping tips - How to choose which insurance to buy
- Long-Term Insurance - 6 Month and Annual Policies
- Mexican Insurance Companies we Partner With
- Claims - What to do in the event of an accident
- How to Insure Trailers and Towed Units
- Baja Insurance
- Baja - Mexican Auto Insurance Required by Law
- Rocky Point Insurance
Vehicles We Insure in Mexico
- RVs, Motorhomes, Trailers
- 5th Wheel Trailers
- RV Group Caravan Discounts!
- How to Insure Trailers
- Cabover Campers
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Quads and ATVs
- Sand Rails and Dune Buggies
- Towed Vehicles 'Toads'
- Shuttle Bus and Vans
- Box Trucks and Rental Trucks